The day of your colonic, eat a light breakfast and lunch, depending on your appointment time.
- Drink plenty of water (a gallon during the 24 hours prior to colonic is recommended).
- Avoid soda, coffee, alcohol for 24 hours prior to colonic.
- IMPORTANT: No food 2 hours prior to your colonic.
It has been our experience at Integrative Wellness Center that it is important to:
- Drink plenty of liquids – ionized or filtered, spring water, fresh vegetable or fruit juices, herb teas, mineral drinks and young coconut water kefir. No soft drinks or coffee. You may purchase ionized alkaline water at Integrative Wellness Center to take home.
- Fortify with intestinal microflora (friendly bacteria). This may be done with probiotic beverages, cultured vegetables or a probiotic supplement.
- Optimally eat soft food such as pureed soups immediately following after the colonic session.
- Avoid eating raw vegetables for 2 days. Steamed vegetables are good.
- Raw fruit is fine. You will want to masticate (chew) thoroughly.
- Reduce meat consumption for 3 days (only organic beef). Cold-water, wild-caught fresh fish would be the preferred animal protein for the first 24 hours.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages for 48 hours minimum!
- Observe your body’s response to the colonic; the food you eat and the energy you feel.
- Avoid strenuous exercise immediately following the colonic. Rest. You have just cleansed. Allow the body to heal. Walking is okay.
- Add a Healthstep or “pooping stool” to your bathroom. Being in the proper squatting position during elimination will reduce stress and straining on the pelvic floor, and help with complete eliminations.
- Be aware of your breathing and your thoughts. Sometimes emotional energy is also moved during a colonic.
- Follow proper food combining rules to reduce gas and aid digestion.
- Take a detox bath the evening of your colonic. This will help continue the detox process by pulling toxins through the skin as well. Not to mention it is relaxing and part of being “good to yourself.” Use baking soda or Epsom salts in tub of water, or you may use 1 cup raw apple cider vinegar in a tub.